SBA 504 Borrowers can now request deferments for loan payments. Deferment Information
If your small business has been affected by COVID-19, you can apply for SBA disaster assistance. Learn More
NWBDA’s list of pandemic related information, CARES Act Payments, and resources for small businesses. See List
Career OpportunitiesFind a career at Northwest Business Development Association
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, veteran status or non-disqualifying disability.
Loan Closing Assistant - Spokane Valley, WA - Full-Time
$31,200 to $35,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Come be part of an organization that has been supporting small business communities throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon since 1982!”
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting with the loan closing and funding functions of SBA 504 loans. This includes preparing debenture closing letters, assembling closing files, obtaining required insurance, and copying and scanning files prior to sending to the SBA loan servicing center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare debenture closing letters and assemble all closing files;
- Assemble closing and collateral files for Fresno Servicing Center and prepare follow up memos;
- Copy and scan documents for SBA District Counsel, Fresno Servicing Center, Borrower and Wells Fargo CSA meeting all deadlines each month;
- Order flood certifications, tax tracking, and all required insurance documentation and complete appraisal comparison sheet, scan invoices and prepare cost sheets;
- Respond timely to emails within shared closing inbox and individual inbox;
- Assist Designated Closing Attorney with the printing of closing documents for loan signings;
- Complete closing files and deliver to Servicing Department by the funding date each month;
- Assist all departments with various tasks relating to each stage of the loan process;
- Make recommendations to NWBDA Closing Manager for procedural changes to promote efficiencies within the company.
- Serve as back-up for telephone coverage.
- Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management.
- Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management
- Comply with all Northwest Business Development Association’s policies and procedures.
- Attempt to attend all training classes/webinars provided by NWBDA that will benefit your current or future positions with NWBDA.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High school diploma and a minimum of one year on the job experience in commercial loan closing OR a minimum of two years on the job experience in loan closing in an area other than commercial lending.
- Previous lending experience in areas of Loan Documentation and SBA Standard Operating Procedures is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows, MS Word, MS Excel. Experience in SBA and data management a plus.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company as well as third parties.
- Ability to maintain, track, and follow up on pending items for multiple loan files simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks based on importance.
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.