Career OpportunitiesFind a career at Northwest Business Development Association
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, veteran status or non-disqualifying disability.
SBA Commercial Loan Underwriter - Spokane Valley, WA - Full-Time
High school or equivalent (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring of the loan servicing and collection/liquidation functions of NWBDA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- General loan servicing/collection procedures to include commercial credit underwriting/documentation;
- Monitoring and timely collection of delinquent loan payments;
- Extensive servicing for problem loans with specific emphasis on Third Party Lender;
- Assist Portfolio Manager with preparation of SBA liquidation submissions to SBA and District Counsel;
- Perform annual, or more frequent if appropriate, financial review and assign appropriate loan grades using current financial statements or using an alternative methodology in the absence of financial statements;
- Thorough documentation of files and preparation of reports as required, including but not limited to delinquency, liquidation, workout, problem and watch loan reporting;
- May assist with servicing requests such as assumptions, subordination requests, and collateral or guarantor releases;
- Performing general secretarial and clerical duties, including typing, copying, scanning, and filing loan documentation, correspondence, memos, letters, etc.; and
- Assisting any and all departments with various tasks relating to each stage of the loan process or operations as needs arise.
- Make recommendations to NWBDA Portfolio Manager for procedural changes to promote efficiencies within the company;
- Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management;
- Attempt to attend all training classes/webinars provided by NWBDA that will benefit your current or future positions with NWBDA;
- Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management; and
- Comply with all Northwest Business Development Association’s policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training; and
- Two years previous lending experience in areas of Credit Analysis, Special Assists and Liquidation, Loan Documentation, Prudent Lending, SBA Standard Operating Procedures, Loan Regulation Compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects; and
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity; and
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Masks are required for all employees and visitors. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly. Office layout allows for a high degree of natural social distancing. Vaccinations are strongly encouraged.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Spokane, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo an employment credit/background checking and FBI Fingerprinting?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- lending: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: One location