Career OpportunitiesFind a career at Northwest Business Development Association
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
SBA Commercial Loan Underwriter - Spokane Valley, WA - Full-Time
High school or equivalent (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring of the loan servicing and collection/liquidation functions of NWBDA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- General loan servicing/collection procedures to include commercial credit underwriting/documentation;
- Monitoring and timely collection of delinquent loan payments;
- Extensive servicing for problem loans with specific emphasis on Third Party Lender;
- Assist Portfolio Manager with preparation of SBA liquidation submissions to SBA and District Counsel;
- Perform annual, or more frequent if appropriate, financial review and assign appropriate loan grades using current financial statements or using an alternative methodology in the absence of financial statements;
- Thorough documentation of files and preparation of reports as required, including but not limited to delinquency, liquidation, workout, problem and watch loan reporting;
- May assist with servicing requests such as assumptions, subordination requests, and collateral or guarantor releases;
- Performing general secretarial and clerical duties, including typing, copying, scanning, and filing loan documentation, correspondence, memos, letters, etc.; and
- Assisting any and all departments with various tasks relating to each stage of the loan process or operations as needs arise.
- Make recommendations to NWBDA Portfolio Manager for procedural changes to promote efficiencies within the company;
- Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management;
- Attempt to attend all training classes/webinars provided by NWBDA that will benefit your current or future positions with NWBDA;
- Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management; and
- Comply with all Northwest Business Development Association’s policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training; and
- Two years previous lending experience in areas of Credit Analysis, Special Assists and Liquidation, Loan Documentation, Prudent Lending, SBA Standard Operating Procedures, Loan Regulation Compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects; and
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity; and
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Masks are required for all employees and visitors. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly. Office layout allows for a high degree of natural social distancing. Vaccinations are strongly encouraged.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Spokane, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo an employment credit/background checking and FBI Fingerprinting?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- lending: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: One location