Career OpportunitiesFind a career at Northwest Business Development Association
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, veteran status or non-disqualifying disability.
Loan Assistant - Spokane Valley, WA - Full-Time
$16 – $17 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Come be part of an organization that has been supporting small business communities throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon since 1982!”
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring and servicing of the insurance and real estate property tax functions of NWBDA. Also responsible for establishing new files/ticklers on newly funded loans and preparing loan funding packets for borrowers. This position cannot be performed remotely and requires completion of application package prior to interview.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist the Business Development Officers, Credit Analysts and Credit Administrator with clerical activities, including file maintenance and completion of the loan application forms.
· Run credit reports, LexisNexis, CAVIRS & SAM reports.
· Monitor and respond to processing department emails in the shared email box.
· Post-approval file maintenance and clean-up, including collecting signatures on key documents, creating Servicing and Closing files, verifying that all documents are saved in the company’s document storage software, and requesting tax transcripts from the IRS.
· Process all pre-approval documentation through the Sacramento 504 Loan Processing Center for files including, but not limited to franchises, environmental reports, Statements of Personal History (SBA Form 912) and Immigration and Naturalization, when needed.
· Verify all tax transcripts when received from the IRS.
· Create initial loan applicant file in Ventures+ and set any necessary tasks or follow up items. Assist in providing Needs List to Business Development Officers for new loan file.
· Provide back-up assistance to the Processing Department staff and Business Development Officers as needed.
· Provide back-up assistance to the Administrative Assistant for incoming calls as needed.
· Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management.
· Attempt to attend all training classes / webinars provided by NWBDA that will benefit your current or future positions with NWBDA.
· Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management.
· Comply with all Northwest Business Development Association’s policies and procedures and operations manuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
· High school diploma.
· Previous lending experience in areas of Loan Assistance and/or SBA Standard Operating Procedures is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows, MS Word and MS Excel. Experience in SBA 504 Ventures+ is desirable.
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain, track, and follow up on pending items for multiple loan files at a time.
· Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company.
· High level of attention to detail and ability to assess the completeness of information received in an expeditious manner.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
· Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
· Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity.
· Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required for all employees and visitors. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly. Large office spaces allow for natural social distancing.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Spokane, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to undergo employment credit/background checking and FBI Fingerprinting?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Clerical: 2 years (Preferred)
- Lending: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- One location