Career OpportunitiesFind a career at Northwest Business Development Association
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, veteran status or non-disqualifying disability.
Loan Servicing - Insurance Specialist - Spokane Valley, WA - Full-Time
$15.50 to $17.50 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Come be part of an organization that has been supporting small business communities throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon since 1982!”
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring and servicing of the insurance and real estate property tax functions of NWBDA. Also responsible for establishing new files/ticklers on newly funded loans and preparing loan funding packets for borrowers. This position cannot be performed remotely and requires completion of application package prior to interview.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- General loan servicing;
- Verification and monitoring of each portfolio loan for appropriate insurance requirements and endorsements, verifying accuracy of policy information per SBA requirements;
- Working with various insurance agents to obtain accurate policy info;
- Monitoring of delinquent real estate property tax tracking, with proper borrower notification;
- Set up new Servicing files for all newly funded loans, with funding correspondence to the new Borrower;
- Ensure a tickler system is established in VENTURES+ for all newly funded files for time sensitive items, including but not limited to: hazard insurance, flood insurance, liability insurance, disability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, dram insurance, other applicable insurance, real estate taxes, financials, job certifications and interim lien releases;
- Scanning annual Financial Loan Ratings and accompanying documents to loan files into document management software; and
- Ensure all duties mentioned above are entered accurately into the loan management system (VENTURES+) and the document management software (BMI). All hardcopies are to be filed accurately in the physical loan file.
- Make recommendations to NWBDA Portfolio Manager for procedural changes to promote efficiencies within the company;
- Attempt to attend all meetings where your presence is requested by management;
- Assist with other requests or duties as requested by management;
- Comply with all Northwest Business Development Association’s policies and procedures; and
- Attempt to attend all training classes/webinars provided by NWBDA that will benefit your current or future positions with NWBDA.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- Previous experience in the insurance industry, or equivalent on-the-job training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows and Microsoft Office. Experience in SBA 504 VENTURES+, is a plus;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of personalities in various positions within the company;
- Good coaching skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules;
- Good follow through on projects and deliverables;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects; and
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity; and
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.