Career OpportunitiesFind a career at Northwest Business Development Association
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, veteran status or non-disqualifying disability.
Portfolio Manager - Spokane Valley, WA - Full-Time
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
3-5 Years of Portfolio Management Experience
Why Work Here?
“Come be part of an long standing organization that supports small business communities throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon.”
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for oversight and administration of the loan servicing and liquidation functions of Northwest Business Development Association.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and supervise the Loan Servicing Department staff to ensure accurate and timely operations related to loan servicing;
- To establish policies and ensure that all loans are serviced under prudent lending and SBA Loan Program Requirements, including general servicing, modifications to existing loans (servicing actions), deferments, delinquent loans, liquidation and work outs;
- To ensure a tickler system for time sensitive items such as hazard insurance, flood insurance, liability insurance, disability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, dram insurance, other applicable insurance, financial statements, real estate taxes, site visits, interim lien releases, UCC-1 expiration and other pertinent items are monitored and maintained as required by NWBDA Credit Policy and SBA SOP;
- To ensure all jobs created or retained are certified by the borrower at the two year anniversary of the debenture funding as required by SBA Loan Program Requirements;
- To establish policies and ensure all loans are assessed for continued creditworthiness on an annual basis by performing an annual loan review using current annual financial statements or using an alternative methodology in the absence of financial statements;
- To ensure our Credit Policies and Procedures manual is current with prudent lending and SBA Loan Program Requirements and it is reviewed annually by the Board;
- To create and maintain an Operations Manual for all functions in the Servicing Department;
- Ensure reports are prepared as required regarding loans in problem loan, watch, delinquent, liquidated or work out status for periodic review by the President, Board, and SBA;
- Work closing with SBA and District Counsel for monitoring loans in Liquidation and Workout, and all litigation; and
- To ensure that employees annually receive sufficient ongoing training to maintain their proficiency in SBA lending and awareness of changes to regulatory requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training; and
- Previous lending experience in areas of Credit Analysis, Special Assists and Liquidation, Loan Documentation, Prudent Lending, SBA Standard Operating Procedures, Loan Regulation Compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency in PC applications including Windows, MS Word, MS Excel. Experience in SBA 504 LMS or Capital Ventures a plus;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good team building and interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people in various positions within the company;
- Good coaching skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules;
- Good follow through on projects and deliverables;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects; and
- Strong sense of customer service.
This position is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing and visual acuity; and
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
Normal office environment.
Please provide the following by uploading your:
- Detailed Resume;
- List of professional References; and
- Salary Requirements.
Please Apply Using the File Uploader Below